In which case should you consult a hematologist?
If you have any of the following symptoms, you may want to see a specialist:
- abnormal iron deficiency
- frequent feeling of tiredness, weakness
- regular cold feeling
- acquired and / or inherited anemia
- enlarged spleen
- enlarged lymph nodes
- frequent, recurrent insomnia
- brittle nails and itchy skin
- headache, fainting, dizziness
- spontaneous abortions in the first and last trimester of pregnancy
- inexplicable infertility, conception disorder for which there is no obvious gynecological or partner examination explanation
When detecting the symptoms listed above, it is important to quickly find out the cause and effect coonections, like as possible thrombosis (which may be an inherited predisposition), lymphatic enlargement, previously unknown congenital hemorrhage, and other diseases may occur in the background. According to the opinion of 21th century medicine, the discovery of hematological diseases at an early stage can be treated with the appropriate treatment.
What happens on a private hematology examination?
The Specialists determine the disease based on the symptoms during the examination, involving several medical disciplines. Examples of such areas are:
- imaging tests (MRI, CT, ultrasound),
- cytological and histological sampling of bone marrow and lymph nodes,
- various blood tests
- gastroenterology examination